Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Recap of the day

June 23, 2009
We had to prioritize today. We slept in a little late, 8:50, and had
to take a 20 minute shuttle from our port into downtown Livorno. The
boat left us off in the middle of a commercial shipping dock. I like
Livorno better than Chris did, it reminded me of what I think of when
I think of a little town where an old Italian grandmother might come
from. But there is really very little to do there. We had to take a
city bus, then, to the train station. We were thinking about visiting
both Pisa and Florence, because I had never seen the Leaning Tower and
Chris loves Florence. But we got to the train station just as a train
was pulling out and had to wait an hour for another. We decided we
really only had time for either Florence or Pisa and we chose
Florence. Chris says Florence is one of his 2 fave cities in Europe
and even though I had been there, I didn't remember it. Plus, other
than the Leaning Tower, there is not much else to do in Pisa. In
Florence we saw the Duomo, the Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della
Signoria (fake David).

0 comments:

Post a Comment